Privacy Rights for California Residents
Effective January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. Please read full California Consumer Privacy Act Policy
Under the CCPA, you (or another person you authorize to act on your behalf) have the right to:
- Know what personal information Ventura County Credit Union (VCCU) has collected about you during the previous twelve (12) months
- Know if VCCU sells your information (we do not and have not sold member personal information)
- Request that VCCU disclose:
- What personal information VCCU about you
- What is the purpose for collecting personal information
- Sources from which VCCU collects personal information
- Who VCCU shares your personal information with
- Receive a copy of personal information collected in the preceding 12 months
- Request the deletion of personal information (subject to certain exceptions) and
- Not be discriminated against because of choices regarding personal information
VCCU may not disclose or delete your personal information due to prevailing state and federal regulations governing financial institutions. In addition requests for disclosure or deletion of personal information is subject to verification according to credit union policies and procedures.
To make a request under the CCPA, please call us at 805.477.4000, 800.339.0496 toll-free, or complete the electronic form on this page.