Overdraft Protection Options

Overdrafts happen, but with overdraft protection you’ll be ready to handle them. We offer a selection of overdraft protection options, giving you the flexibility to pick the ones that are right for you!

AdvantageLine Loan

An AdvantageLine Loan can be linked to any of your savings, checking or other accounts to cover overdrafts. As a personal line of credit, the loan only accrues interest on the amount you owe.

Savings to Checking Automatic Overdraft Protection

If you overdraw your checking account, we can automatically transfer money from your savings account to cover the balance. This automatic service requires a small fee, but you can avoid it by making the transfer yourself manually before completing your transaction. To transfer funds, simply call Telephone Teller, speak with a VCCU representative during business hours, visit an ATM, or log into your mobile or online account.

Happy family outside

Courtesy Pay

Courtesy Pay covers any overdraft up to your limit (usually $500 or $1,000), and it is available to all VCCU members in good standing (no application necessary). Some types of transactions are covered automatically by Courtesy Pay, while others require you to opt in first. Unlike most overdraft protection options, Courtesy Pay provides coverage without being linked to a backup payment source like a line of credit or savings account. After using this service, you have 30 days to repay the overdraft and return your account balance to positive. 
To learn more about your overdraft protection options at VCCU, contact us at 805.477.4000 or visit your nearest office.

Preventing Overdrafts

Financial planning and careful money management can help you avoid overdrafts. As a VCCU member, you get free access to a variety of educational resources through BALANCE that can help you take control of your finances and keep your accounts balanced. If you’d like help getting started, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

  • Equal Housing Lender
  • NCUA
Your savings federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government.