Why Become a Volunteer at VCCU?
Volunteering to serve on your credit union's Board of Directors or Supervisory Committee can be an extremely rewarding experience. You may find that representing your fellow credit union members not only benefits them but will provide you with valuable knowledge for years to come.
Would I Make A Good Credit Union Volunteer?
Volunteers must maintain a balanced focus on serving member needs while preserving the financial strength and long term viability of the credit union. Below are some important factors to consider "prior" to becoming a credit union volunteer:
- Be familiar with credit union products and services.
- Understand the economics and social conditions affecting the credit union.
- Be committed to attending scheduled meetings and educational programs offered by the credit union.
- Be a member in good standing and utilize VCCU for your primary financial accounts.
- Act as an ambassador for your credit union. Pay attention to the needs and wants of fellow members as well as the community at large, and report your findings to credit union management.
I'm Interested! How Do I Volunteer?
For more information on volunteer opportunities, please visit our Volunteer page or contact Ruth Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org.